Wednesday, August 08, 2007

756

Here's the thing. I don't care. Why?

I don't know for a fact that Bonds cheated. I suspect that he did. If I could place a bet on whether he did or not, I would bet yes, but I don't know. And I can tell myself over and over again, "innocent until proven guilty," but the end result is that I just don't care.

I have the DirecTV Extra Innings package. I could have watched every one of Bonds ABs, but I didn't. I didn't watch last night and I didn't watch the night he hit 755. I watched the game where Maddux pitched but that was more for Mad Dog than for Barry.

I'm not really the other way either. I'm not booing when he bats (though I did when he was here last year), I'm not indignant that a 'roider holds one of baseball's hallowed records. Actually, I believe that PED's or no, Barry Bonds is probably one of the 5 or 10 best players in baseball history and quite possibly the best to play in my lifetime.

But between the steroids and the ongoing investigations and the carefully worded denials and the freakin' flaxseed oil defense and the non-stop relentless coverage by ESPN and others...I just don't care.

There. I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home