Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ahhhh, 161-1, anybody?

And the optimism is tempered a bit. M's blow a won game on Felix's watch. Yikes.

And to make matters worse, J.J. Putz is felled by an injury I can't even pronounce.

We're seeing exciting baseball, to be sure, but I'm not very reassured that its exciting baseball involving a really, really bad team. (The Rangers...sorry I failed to clarify.) What happens when we play good teams?

What happens when Bedard and Felix aren't starting?

Well, for now (as of right now, the Jackal is inexplicably cruising against said bad team in the Safe), we can hope to continue enjoying exciting, and possibly even winning, baseball. The bullpen is certainly weakened by the injury, but there aren't a lot of less critical positions to lose than closer. I hope that Putz's injury is less awful than it sounds, but I refuse to give in to despair.

Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home