Monday, August 15, 2005

Viva La King!

Yes, that was me. I am not missing a Felix start the rest of the year.

There are simply not words to describe the young man's performance. The fastball is electric. Its just jumps out of his hand. I have yet to see a pitch that I could identify as a slider, I don't know if he's thrown one. I can't tell with the naked eye the difference between the change and the curve. The bottom just falls out of both pitches, its only from the radar gun that you can tell them apart.

His poise is amazing. In the 7th he gives up two singles, then gets two double play grounders, and the M's turn neither. Unfazed, he strikes out Teahen on 4 pitches. Just amazing.

11 of his first 12 pitches were strikes. Here you go, hit it. He blew guys away on fastballs, he made them look foolish on pitches in the dirt. I know that it was only the Royals, but think Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens or Rookie-year Kerry Wood. He was that good.

I want to temper my enthusiasm. I want to say that he's got a long way to go before we start comparing him to Hall of Famers. That he's more likely to have arm surgery than win 20 games. But I can't, I just can't. He's the real thing, he's bonafide, he's amazing.

Back tomorrow with a couple of good stories from the game.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Viva el rey? Viva el King? Let's not emasculate our young stud just yet.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Tad said...

Like I could do that. He could be named Shirley Hernandez and he would still be "el Cartelua"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home