Thursday, June 30, 2005

I picked a good week to go away

Yeesh. A sweep from the A's? I know they are playing better of late, but again, everyone gets well against the Mariners. Its also doubly frustrating to lose to the A's because this was supposed to be a down year for them too. Way back in 2001 they were right there with us as 100 game winners. Since then we have tanked while they have simply rebuilt.

On a budget well under half of ours. Amazing. The rebuilt rotation looks just fine, thank you very much. Dan Haren looked brilliant last week and was good again today. Harden is a horse and even Joe Blanton is coming around. Chavez (like Beltre) is starting to play like he's capable, while Dan Johnson and Crosby have given the offense a nice boost. The A's are just a better run organization than the Mariners plain and simple. It clearly shows in the head-to-head. We're 3-9 against the A's, 30-35 against everyone else. The A's are 9-3 against the M's, 29-37 against everyone else.

I know there are deals out there. The Cubs fleeced Jerome Williams out of the Giants for LaTroy Hawkins. The Padres want Boone. The Yankees are interested in Randy Winn. Both the Pads and the Yankees have relatively thin farm systems, but you know Billy Beane would swing a three-way that would get him some decent talent in return. If only...

6 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.性爱

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Blog World said...

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop- Posters.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger cmeltifa said...

A very good blog! Just added you to my url favorites. Maybe you want to do the same. I am at indiana home owner insurance. I update my site frequently with new articles and data. If you do not want to no big deal. I must say though I enjoyed cruising through your blog archives. Some very useful information. I already forwarded your blog link over to a few of my friends who have similar interests. So if you see some funny remarks it maybe them! Anyways, thanks again from! indiana home owner insurance

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger James Baker said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
job portal
It covers job portal related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home