Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ack! Pfttht!

Wild Bill Catt of Deathtongue joins me in rejecting the catastrophically bad broadcast team of the Mariners. You know, I remember when Dave Valle's batting average was the price of drinks at watering holes around the old Kingdome, and yet I believe that I would rather have him back at starting catcher than have to listen to any more of him and Rizzs.

Good game today by Meche, Sexy, and Ichiro!; even "Second Coming" didn't seem so scary tonight, as we handled the Rangers. All this despite the 6-foot-10-ness of Texas starter Chris Young. Although I saw no pictures of the game, nevertheless I couldn't help but be impressed by the height of Mr. Young. Perhaps this is because Valle and Rico insisted on stating that fact no fewer than FOUR times in the ten minutes heading up to the first pitch. It wasn't until the third of those references that we got any baseball stats on Young. Yeesh. (Actually, I could be wrong; I only counted four, but I admit to dozing off to Rizzs and Valle, for no apparent reason, so the height count could be higher, much higher.)

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Tad said...

We could do a post every game on Mariner broadcaster inanity. In fact we just might...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home