Wednesday, August 15, 2007

HoRam = HoRrible

Horacio Ramirez has a 7.38 ERA. He has more walks (32) than strikeouts (31). Opponents are batting .341. against him. He's allowing nearly 2 baserunners an inning. I don't know what more I can say.

What are our options, really though?

We can try Feierabend again. Ugh. Among the other Tacoma starters Jorge Campillo has a 3.31 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 130 innings. Panzer Lehr has a 4.20 ERA and has struck out just 54 in 105. Robert Rohrbaugh looked pretty good in AA and has held his own in T-Town (2.79 ERA, 36 Ks in 61 innings). By the way, I know that ERA isn't the best way to measure a pitcher, especially a minor leaguer, but I'm lazy today, so shoot me.

Some people think David Wells is the answer, and I'd certainly be willing to give him a spin the rest of August to find out.

The bottom line is, we are in a pennant race!!! We can't punt every fifth game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home