Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Rivalry Week Continues!

The M's drop one to those hated rivals the Florida Marlins. Three run tater by Carlos Delgado is too much for the Mariners to overcome, despite a little late comeback.

Meche said the mound was too steep, according to ESPN.com: "The mound was steeper than I'm used to, but it's my job to make the adjustments," he said. "I let it get too my head. I'd make a good pitch, then the next one was in the dirt." Normally I'd call bullshit here, but Mateo walked two guys and the D-Train didn't look exactly right either. He scattered 10 hits over his 6 2/3 innings. Some maybe it was too high, I don't know.

On the plus side Beltre had three hits and Boone two. Maybe, just maybe, we might get those two going for us. Which is nice.

Two pretty brutal errors by Juan Encarnacion meant the Marlins gifted the M's a couple of runs for the second night in a row. Remember when we were the team that couldn't field at all? Like, say, just last year?

Thursday, the rubber game in this historic matchup of cross-continental foes! This time it counts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home